Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Post your random doodles and short loops here Owner: jrlepage New Post(Locked)
Page 60 of 100 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] ... [59] [60] [61] ... [98] [99] [100] Next >>
Posted: 2012-09-03 04:27 Reply(Locked)
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5698 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#39011
I think bomono-san has trained... He has minimally, but trained nonetheless.

_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Posted: 2012-09-03 18:10 Reply(Locked)
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#39021
Gah, I hate it when a "character" posts directly after you, thereby making your post completely overlooked. Go back 13 spaces. Have a listen, then ignore me.

Posted: 2012-09-03 19:09 Reply(Locked)
zephemeros

Avatar

Member for: 5504 days
Location: Campbell River, British Columbia
Status: Offline

#39023
You can't just expect replies when you post here, especially when you complain about it :P

_______________________
| youtube | soundcloud |
Posted: 2012-09-03 19:19 Reply(Locked)
gyms



Member for: 5744 days
Status: Offline

#39024
robro wrote:
pooped out another simple progression before bed last night.

it's in Lydian mode because raised fourths are the shit.


Keep in mind, you can also modulate from F Lydian to E Lydian if you wanted to keep the Lydian flavor on the E. Essentially, you switched from F Lydian to E Phrygian here (sounds cool). And yea, mixing up modes is a fun thing to play around with.

You can also do stuff like have one mode in the lower register, where the chords, counter melody and bass commonly live and a different mode in the upper register, where the melody commonly sits. You can play around hear the effects the different modes have on each other.

A neat thing I read lately about a technique Bartok used, was playing around with both Lydian and Phrygian on the same tonal center, say C for example(C Lydian and C Phrygian). Both of those modes cover all 12 notes, making it possible to do 12-tone music and still be tonal, depending on how crafty you can be with the concept of course.

The biggest trick to using all of this is figuring out how to wield it and still maintain your own vision and compositional voice without becoming too influenced by all the theory involved.


Attachments:
sleepy_time_tea_edit.ftm (4 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-03 20:03 Reply(Locked)
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5698 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#39026
Naff_Natty wrote:
Have a listen...



That's probably WHY we ignored you.

_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Posted: 2012-09-03 20:09 Reply(Locked)
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#39027
Gah, you're all so bitchy in here. I forgot about that.

I didn't expect anything, just asking a simple question - it would be nice to see someone with some talent who'd made a drum-patterned instrument. That way I could learn something.

If it doesn't interest you why do you have to bitch? Just be an adult and don't reply.

Posted: 2012-09-03 20:18  (Last Edited: 2012-09-03 20:22) Reply(Locked)
DjJizzer5

Avatar

Member for: 5498 days
Status: Offline

#39030
people ignore me really often here and I dont give any fucks about it

EDIT: but here, have this.


Attachments:
little_crazy_thang.ftm (3 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-03 20:20 Reply(Locked)
golfertrytek



Member for: 5406 days
Location: USA
Status: Offline

#39031
I found this on my old computer, I think I made it but am not sure...


Attachments:
song.ftm (18 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-03 20:45  (Last Edited: 2012-09-03 21:24) Reply(Locked)
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#39032
I don't mind people ignoring me, I just thought that as there was a bit of a drama after my post there was potential that people hadn't seen it. It could be also that I'm completely un-noteworthy, in which case no one need pay me any attention

This is a bit better jizzer - I think you've got that treble bit sounding nicer, good job!

EDIT: PS is there any 'pattern' to the noise waves (2-7), or are they just completely random?


Posted: 2012-09-03 21:27 Reply(Locked)
DjJizzer5

Avatar

Member for: 5498 days
Status: Offline

#39033
they are random. they dont need to have a pattern, it will still sound like noise.

Posted: 2012-09-03 21:33 Reply(Locked)
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#39034
Ah cool, thanks for your help

Posted: 2012-09-04 02:02  (Last Edited: 2012-09-04 02:08) Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39036
gyms wrote:
Keep in mind, you can also modulate from F Lydian to E Lydian if you wanted to keep the Lydian flavor on the E. Essentially, you switched from F Lydian to E Phrygian here (sounds cool). And yea, mixing up modes is a fun thing to play around with.


Yeah, you're right. I should have clarified that in my post. I thought it sounded cool to essentially switch modes like I did but your edit actually sounds much better.

Thanks for the theory advice too. I love learning new things. I'll have to try that Bartok trick out, although it will probably just be a mess the first time. That guy was a genius.

edit: found the relevant Wikipedia page if anyone else is interested: Polymodal chromaticism

Posted: 2012-09-04 02:04  (Last Edited: 2012-09-04 02:07) Reply(Locked)
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#39037
There's a pattern. Switch on looped noise and play low frequencies... You'll hear the sequence repeat. Regular noise is the same, but the sequence is infinite. It's still the same every time you switch the NES on though.

Also this thread is meant for just sharing stuff that you didn't really put effort into, or teasers.. Stuff like that. If you want criticism, work a little harder/longer and make your own thread... Cuz this one isn't the place to expect any. That's just not what it's for.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-09-04 02:59 Reply(Locked)
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5710 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#39040
Regular noise isn't an infinite sequence. You can actually hear it looping pretty easily on the higher pitches. It's just that the periodic mode loops at rates high enough to make a tone instead of a rhythm.

Posted: 2012-09-04 15:57  (Last Edited: 2012-09-04 15:58) Reply(Locked)
DjJizzer5

Avatar

Member for: 5498 days
Status: Offline

#39043
played with auto-arping in famitracker, and then created this.


Attachments:
arps.ftm (5 Kb)
Page 60 of 100 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] ... [59] [60] [61] ... [98] [99] [100] Next >>