Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Post your random doodles and short loops here Owner: jrlepage New Post(Locked)
Page 62 of 100 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] ... [61] [62] [63] ... [98] [99] [100] Next >>
Posted: 2012-09-06 21:17  (Last Edited: 2012-09-06 21:18) Reply(Locked)
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5698 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#39142
Eehhhh... I don't know why this came about...


It might become something later, I have no idea. Go ahead and do stuff with it.

(0.4.0)

EDIT: JESUS CHRIST, WHERE'S THE FILE!?

_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Attachments:
somethingkindacreepy.ftm (3 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-06 21:59 Reply(Locked)
DjJizzer5

Avatar

Member for: 5498 days
Status: Offline

#39144
this is really cool. i've been trying to make something like this for a while and i couldnt just do it creepy enough or something.


Attachments:
this.ftm (9 Kb)
2spooky4u.ftm (19 Kb)
somthing.ftm (9 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-07 00:58  (Last Edited: 2012-09-09 09:06) Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39147
Here's my take on creepy, tinged with melancholy. First time using the Namco expansion. Having 8 channels to work with is pretty nice.

edit: changed some of the notes in the first measure to emphasize the minor-ness of the scale (harmonic minor) right away. I realized that the notes I was playing made it sound major instead. sounds much more cohesive now.

edit2: gave it an "ending"

edit3: changed the bass progression a bit and adjusted the beginning to make sure the 3/4th-ness is being implied from the start.

edit4: lots of little changes to the melody including some much needed variation between the now two phrases for more of a progression. also, slowed the tempo and got rid of the dumb ending.

edit5: better bass progression. going to bed now I swear.

edit6: one note can make a difference... (I'm not crazy)

edit7: fixed some weird notes in the melody that were bothering me and added more variation between the two phrases. also added a subtle square bass channel for more texture.

edit8: gah, I guess that note was right the first time...

edit9: FINALLY think I cracked the melodic nut. seriously, it sounds much better now.

edit10: ok, seriously this is the one.

edit11: haha, just kidding. fuck that last edit. THIS. IS. IT.


Posted: 2012-09-07 01:29 Reply(Locked)
Im_a_Track_Man

Avatar

Member for: 5698 days
Location: Plantation, Florida
Status: Offline

#39148
I LOVE MODULES LIKE THIS BECAUSE THE VOLUME LEVELS SCROLL ACROSS THE TOP!

_______________________
[BURNING LOVE]
YouTube
Twitter (Stay off my lawn, kids)
Attachments:
scrolling.png (6 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-07 13:00  (Last Edited: 2012-09-07 13:05) Reply(Locked)
gyms



Member for: 5744 days
Status: Offline

#39161
a little wacky reharmonization of mary had a little lamb

edit: robro, your tune is cool as heck. makes me wanna throw a thematic melody over it : ))


Attachments:
mary_had_a_kwacky_lamb.ftm (2 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-07 19:33 Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39171
gyms wrote:
a little wacky reharmonization of mary had a little lamb


Whoa, can't decide if this more creepy or more sexy. Although a sexy MHaLL is creepy in its own way.

gyms wrote:

edit: robro, your tune is cool as heck. makes me wanna throw a thematic melody over it : ))


Thanks man. Check my latest update. And please do whatever you want with it. I'd love to hear your contributions.

(and I think your advice is helping, thanks)

Posted: 2012-09-07 21:54 Reply(Locked)
MovieMovies1

Avatar

Member for: 5933 days
Location: Norway
Status: Offline

#39179
This may be the stupidest thing I've ever done.


Attachments:
its_raping_time.ftm (52 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-07 22:03 Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39181
With a title like that, I was expecting something truly awful. I was actually disappointed that it wasn't.

Posted: 2012-09-08 02:12 Reply(Locked)
Hyena



Member for: 5173 days
Status: Offline

#39190
240p is the best resolution to use for chiptunes on Youtube. This is because the video takes up very little space when it is uploaded, so the rest of that space can be allocated to making the sound better. I used to think that it made both the audio and visual components have low quality, just like you. Now I know better, and so do you. Consider yourselves enlightened.

By the way, if you're already busy writing a reply to this you probably need to relax a bit more, y'know? I know you're mad because you are wrong, but it is time to admit 240>1080 for audio.

Je plaisante.

_______________________
nintendude8 wrote:
Mr_Master wrote:
I've always thought that the pony you have as your avatar is really sexy
oh boy.

Posted: 2012-09-08 02:35 Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39191
Just to quickly counter that obvious troll post for any gullible folks out there, you can see here that the highest quality audio for 240p video on YouTube is 96kb/s AAC, which is pretty poor. The best is 192kb/s which is offered to the HD resolutions.

Posted: 2012-09-08 04:13 Reply(Locked)
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#39196


_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-09-08 17:41  (Last Edited: 2012-09-08 17:51) Reply(Locked)
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#39207
Je mange le rosbif parce que je suis anglais.

Here's something I've been faffing with.

EDIT: hey look at that it turned my ampersand into an 'and'.

EDIT 2: I'm now finding it impossible to save any changes to that file, please could someone try and alter it and save it to see if it's corrupt in some way?


Attachments:
rama_and_sita.ftm (8 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-08 20:53 Reply(Locked)
rainwarrior

Avatar

Member for: 5710 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#39220
Oh no, I made a doodle.


Attachments:
waddle.ftm (2 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-08 22:52 Reply(Locked)
Hyena



Member for: 5173 days
Status: Offline

#39230
robro wrote:
Just to quickly counter that obvious troll post for any gullible folks out there, you can see here that the highest quality audio for 240p video on YouTube is 96kb/s AAC, which is pretty poor. The best is 192kb/s which is offered to the HD resolutions.


Wikiality: Reality is just what the majority agrees upon when wikipedia becomes our most trusted reference source.

Robro is bringing democracy to information.



_______________________
nintendude8 wrote:
Mr_Master wrote:
I've always thought that the pony you have as your avatar is really sexy
oh boy.

Attachments:
jackpot.ftm (6 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-09 06:49 Reply(Locked)
BiscuitsForPony



Member for: 5220 days
Status: Offline

#39261
Got bored and remembered I haven't posted anything in a while.

Made both in around an hour and a half, why not.

Lots of technical errors, but I am quite satisfied with a half-assed job. I may need to get that checked out.


Attachments:
clash.ftm (11 Kb)
hole_in_one.ftm (11 Kb)
Page 62 of 100 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] ... [61] [62] [63] ... [98] [99] [100] Next >>