Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Post your random doodles and short loops here Owner: jrlepage New Post(Locked)
Page 63 of 100 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] ... [62] [63] [64] ... [98] [99] [100] Next >>
Posted: 2012-09-09 10:41 Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39266
Naff_Natty wrote:
EDIT 2: I'm now finding it impossible to save any changes to that file, please could someone try and alter it and save it to see if it's corrupt in some way?


I could save it just fine.

Posted: 2012-09-09 10:47 Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39267
BiscuitsForPony wrote:
Got bored and remembered I haven't posted anything in a while.

Made both in around an hour and a half, why not.

Lots of technical errors, but I am quite satisfied with a half-assed job. I may need to get that checked out.


Both of these rock, all things considered, though I'm partial to clash myself.

Posted: 2012-09-09 15:19 Reply(Locked)
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#39273
robro wrote:
I could save it just fine.


Thanks robro. I was having some weird problems with just that chip until I rebooted. Odd.

Posted: 2012-09-09 17:29  (Last Edited: 2012-09-09 22:36) Reply(Locked)
Ares64

Avatar

Member for: 5440 days
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Status: Offline

#39276
HIPPETY HOW

update finished it


Attachments:
psidemrna.ftm (17 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-10 00:53  (Last Edited: 2012-09-10 01:29) Reply(Locked)
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#39304
im bored okay

EDIT: All done!

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-09-10 03:47 Reply(Locked)
LikeACloud



Member for: 5132 days
Status: Offline

#39312
Practicing some triplets.


Attachments:
triplets.ftm (4 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-10 10:07  (Last Edited: 2012-09-13 11:16) Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39322
jrlepage wrote:
im bored okay

EDIT: All done!


Sickening. Your sense for awesome chord progressions makes me sooooo jelly.

My thing's a WIP. Trying to actually build a complete song for once. It's gonna have a lot more parts in the end.

edit: refined the current melodies and created more of a progression.

edit2: further refinement, ironing-out of weirdness, more variation and more dynamic contrast.

edit3: more variation in second part.

edit4: re-ordered some frames and added some notes to make the second melody flow better.

edit5: fixed some notes in the second part to correct a few unintentionally weird harmonies and modified the second part's melody a bit to keep the mood "dark" and emphasize the minor-ness more.

edit6: more of the same. expunged a little more major-ness from the second melody and made the progression more logical.

edit7: made some subtle changes to the second melody to try and better telegraph the variations so they don't feel as random. also made the second part of the melody build more near the end.

edit8: another slight adjustment to the second melody's progression.

edit9: think I've finally got the second melody nailed down. I've cut down on the variation that wasn't working and kept the variation that was, and I've added some fast slides into some notes which help to make it sound more natural.


Attachments:
robro__trials_and_tribalism.ftm (24 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-10 10:54 Reply(Locked)
Doxic

Avatar

Member for: 5135 days
Location: California, United States
Status: Offline

#39323
pretty sick beat man, could do with a solid bass line imo, but I like bass :P

_______________________
B00daW wrote: Memes are are like cheese; perishable.
Follow me on SoundCloud! http://soundcloud.com/thislinkisnttaken
Posted: 2012-09-10 15:48 Reply(Locked)
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#39327
robro wrote:
jrlepage wrote:
im bored okay

EDIT: All done!


Sickening. Your sense for awesome chord progressions makes me sooooo jelly.

It's a cover.

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-09-10 17:52 Reply(Locked)
robro

Avatar

Member for: 5167 days
Status: Offline

#39329
jrlepage wrote:
It's a cover.


Well then you have good taste!

Posted: 2012-09-10 19:25 Reply(Locked)
jrlepage
Moderator

Avatar

Member for: 6543 days
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

#39331
robro wrote:
jrlepage wrote:
It's a cover.


Well then you have good taste!

I think what's interesting about the progression in this track is the fact that the original composer (out of memory space economy perhaps) limited himself to only one DMC sample for bass. This means you're limited to only a handful of tones, and you have to work with that as a result. I think Shioda did very well at working his way around this harmonic limitation. :)

_______________________
Follow me on Twitter.
I record (some) NSFs on hardware. Feel free to request a hardware render.
Posted: 2012-09-11 00:06 Reply(Locked)
MovieMovies1

Avatar

Member for: 5933 days
Location: Norway
Status: Offline

#39337
I found the item Bedroom Key.


Attachments:
ao_oni.ftm (15 Kb)
Posted: 2012-09-11 19:17 Reply(Locked)
nintendude8

Avatar

Member for: 6033 days
Location: me mums car
Status: Offline

#39377
ITS RAPING TIME SHCLSHLCHLCSLH

Posted: 2012-09-11 22:06  (Last Edited: 2012-09-11 22:07) Reply(Locked)
MovieMovies1

Avatar

Member for: 5933 days
Location: Norway
Status: Offline

#39384
nintendude8 wrote:
ITS RAPING TIME SHCLSHLCHLCSLH


Of course it is

Posted: 2012-09-12 19:22  (Last Edited: 2012-09-13 04:14) Reply(Locked)
Naff_Natty

Avatar

Member for: 5288 days
Location: Behind you
Status: Offline

#39426
Killing some time.

Bend it, shape it anyway you want it.



Attachments:
chordy_mcgrew.ftm (9 Kb)
Page 63 of 100 Sort: Goto Page: << Previous [1] [2] [3] ... [62] [63] [64] ... [98] [99] [100] Next >>