Login:
Menu:
Post: Author:
FamiTracker > General > Show Off Your Work > Kirby Super Star Candy Mountain Owner: Mr_Master New post
Page 1 of 1 Sort:  
Kirby Super Star Candy Mountain Posted: 2013-01-28 17:47  (Last Edited: 2013-01-29 17:40) Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#43840
This site lacks some Kirby covers, so here's another one: Candy Mountain.

I made two versions: One with Triangle percussion, and other using DPCM.
The second one isn't very optimized, but shouldn't have major problems.

I should dedicate this to SonicManEXE, since I gave him the DPCM samples and instruments I use for percussion. He might learn a lot from these FTMs.

EDIT: Ummmmm... Yeah, most people who know the original song will notice this one goes a little faster.


Posted: 2013-01-29 02:57 Reply | Quote
furrykef

Avatar

Member for: 6749 days
Status: Offline

#43864
I think you've got the sound nailed.

Posted: 2013-01-29 03:07 Reply | Quote
Metaslash

Avatar

Member for: 5031 days
Location: Italy
Status: Offline

#43866
This is really good!
I think you should lower down the volume of Pulse2 at 04 and 05 frames, it wasn't so loud in the original one.
Beside that, it's really great and yeah, the sound are just like the original one!

_______________________
My Youtube Channel
My SoundCloud Channel
Posted: 2013-01-29 03:12 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#43867
Thanks guys!

Posted: 2013-01-29 14:52 Reply | Quote
GoldenShower



Member for: 5016 days
Status: Offline

#43872
Better than original in my opinion.

Posted: 2013-01-29 17:47  (Last Edited: 2013-01-29 17:53) Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#43878
Thanks GoldenShower, but, even if it is really good and accurate, I'm very sorry I wouldn't say the same. The original sounds sweetier than these ones, which, in my opinion are a little overpowered because of the channel management. But I did my best to make it sound as sweet as possible.

By the way, Metaslash, I think it actually was like that in the original, but as I said before, it's overpowered, and I always have trouble with volume control. I tried to fix some little things in the DPCM tracks, so maybe it's better now.

EDIT: Well, to both of you, and to quote geoflcl, here's the original one for comparisonificationization purposes.

Posted: 2013-01-30 03:29 Reply | Quote
Metaslash

Avatar

Member for: 5031 days
Location: Italy
Status: Offline

#43888
Volume is definitely better in the DPCM version, though I prefer the triangle one for the percussions.

_______________________
My Youtube Channel
My SoundCloud Channel
Posted: 2013-01-30 03:34 Reply | Quote
Mr_Master



Member for: 5081 days
Status: Offline

#43890
Yes. The triangle one was more polished, since I had it for a very longer time than the DPCM FTM. That last one was made just a few days ago, so it isn't very polished. But I think both came out really well. Thanks a lot Metaslash, and to everyone else too. Your feedback will go very well with my VRC7 custom patches, heheh.

Page 1 of 1 Sort: