I would advise against actively providing criticism to everything that gets posted here. The point of this thread is not to provide comments and critique, and doing so annoys everyone who has posted in this thread by causing a pointless new post alert to appear in their HUD.
I would advise against actively providing criticism to everything that gets posted here. The point of this thread is not to provide comments and critique, and doing so annoys everyone who has posted in this thread by causing a pointless new post alert to appear in their HUD.
equally, some people (like me) like receiving comments on their work because of a need for validation, but yeah if youre gonna post here, put an ftm in the post
are these the smurfs instruments? thanks! now I can get to work on remixing the rescue in gargamel's castle soundtrack in that style!
here are a couple of sfx, dun to simulate unlicenced nes games.
Under the impression that they were taken from an infogrems game, I put the instruments to good use and started covering the soundtrack to Smerfs rescue in gargamel's castle, the first smerfs-themed video game. It's about 40% complete, unless someone rips the right instruments (the ones from the smerfs game for nes) for me. right now it's the title music (only heard in the Atari 2600 port) and main bgm, but there are only 5 songs in it anyway.
Well, They sound pretty close to matt gray's work on the dizi game for nes. Both infogrems and Coadmasters used similar sound engines, if I remember correctly. Anyway I just have 3 more songs for the OST, then it will be 99% completed (I will just need the instruments from the nes smurfs game before it is 100%complete). the remaining songs are cave bgm, Pasteral (bgm3;bgm2 is cave bgm) and the simple gifts reprise heard when smerfette is rescued. Of course, I could just use 50% square waves on the namco106 to make it sound like the original cv version but I'm going for the infogrems style.
"These ain't the right instruments, so I'm waiting for someone to rip the correct ones for me otherwise I'm not going to finish this."
Well, he says he's blind and cannot use the instrument window. Not an excuse for poor wording, but he DOES have to wait for someone to upload the correct instruments.
Or for famitracker to become more blind-accessible.
Look, I know you're blind and stuff, but people already told you that we don't do requests here. Ripping instruments is not hard but it consumes some time to put together a pack, and I don't know if someone will be willing to spend a few minutes or hours in getting something for someone they don't know, who might probably use the thing once or twice and never get back to it again.
My whole point is this: Maybe someone will do but don't come here demanding the thing, it's annoying and it makes you look like you have a bad attitude towards people.
_______________________ This version of Dr. Mustache is outdated. Please download latest version here. [Dropbox (my FT stuff)]
I didn't know requests weren't taken on this very forum but I remember asking for someone to make instruments for someone is fine;it's encouraged to some extent, as far I recall.
While I'm waiting for the smerfs instruments, I might as well upload something I did in 2013. I covered the soundtrack to the Atari 800 version of Montizooma's revenge by parker bros. using a style very similar to the original.
Anyway, instruments are easier than a fully-fledged song, but they still take some time to make, especially for what you're asking (a pack with the instruments from the NES Smurfs game as I read previously).
_______________________ This version of Dr. Mustache is outdated. Please download latest version here. [Dropbox (my FT stuff)]