The discussion on namco vs fds for covering gameboy tracks really interests me. I've heard tracks covered by both, and i would say that FDS usually comes out ahead to my ear?
Could someone who knows more about this tell me in detail, what the pros and cons of each are? I'm curious.
The discussion on namco vs fds for covering gameboy tracks really interests me. I've heard tracks covered by both, and i would say that FDS usually comes out ahead to my ear?
Could someone who knows more about this tell me in detail, what the pros and cons of each are? I'm curious.
Both Namco and FDS are wavetable soundchips. N163 is able to have wavetables the size of a GB wavetable (32x16) but FDS, if I remember right, has better volume control and was made by the same manufacturer as the GameBoy soundchip (Ricoh). I prefer FDS, too. =)
_______________________
"im going to continue making this crazy stuff then after a while my style will be so sick that you will be like damn suuun that shit is so sick i dont even get it. i will be like bro its ok.. you dont have to." -omgdonut