I threw this together a couple of days ago. I never actually saved the .ftm though. The reason for that is beyond me...looking back at it, this could've been useful for implementing it in a rom-hack or something.
some misk stuff I did. the first 2 songs are covers from the Atari 2600, the 3rd is from a pirate nes game,4 and 7 are lony danagan covers and the reast are from kemco's first game.
I was in the middle of making a song when I got an idea for this song, so I quickly made it in about a few hours. I might finish this soon, if I decide to work on it.
Pardont the pedantry, but the FDS is a video game console add-on. The "soundchip" you are referring to is the 2C33.
With that being said, the N163 is without a doubt a better option for making Gameboy-esque tracks if you're going for something that will emulate the hardware better. Just be slightly wary though: using a single channel will cause the N163 volume to go through the roof (on hardware and in software that properly emulates it), which means the 2A03 is barely audible. Do be certain to never use volume values above 4 (the original Gameboy wave channel can only output 100%, 50%, 25% or 0% anyway, so 4-2-1-0 are perfectly viable values).
Although, if we're honest with ourselves, the best way to make Gameboy music is to make actual Gameboy music... (Using software like Deflemask, XPMCK, LSDJ, etc.)
Pardont the pedantry, but the FDS is a video game console add-on. The "soundchip" you are referring to is the 2C33.
Whops, my mistake.
But yeah, it's common sense that something like LSDJ or Deflemask would be better suited for doing GB stuff. Like I said in the Happy Hippo thread, it's a pain to choose what values I should use for the N163 channel(s) since it really varies from different NSF players.
Off-topic, is there a way to calculate Ixx and Jxx values for the FDS modulation? Because trial and error is maybe not the best option...
EDIT: Oh, and I don't think that I've got an answer about what values I should use for the volume when it comes to FDS... I mean 2C33...
_______________________
Ponies, Mega Man, Meshuggah, Rotten Sound and ice-cream! <3 YOUTUBE